Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Butterfly Freed in November

November is typically my most favorite and most transitional month. Just historically speaking, it seems to have turned out that way.

Mostly, it's just my favorite month. I love the feel of the crisp Fall air sweeping up against the back of my neck... creating just enough of a shiver for me to pull the collar of my jacket tight. I get to wear long sweeping scarves again and cozy Winter hats. It's the time of year I tend to re-focus. Somehow I re-settle within my skin and remember who I truly am. I let the truths about myself fly a little more freely. And I tend to demand more of myself.

For many years, November has been the month I've fallen in love.
And out of love.
So far, this November offers me a lot of love and joy in my life.

But today is undefined. And so is tomorrow. I'm creating a new November for myself.
I'm uncertain what my heart will teach itself or what my soul will whisper to my life's purpose. But I can feel that once again, beautiful things are in the making.