Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Vacations

A couple weeks ago I took some time off to head down to LA for the first annual National Critics Conference. It helped me gather some ideas about my future, meet some fantastic contacts, and to come up with an idea for my thesis. It was incredible.
Last weekend, I went out to DC to stay with Cathy and to go to Edmond's wedding. It was absolutely surreal. I saw nearly 20 of my old buddies from growing up. Everyone looks the same as they did in high school -- and no one ever seems to change a bit. It was fabulous. What a great pre-cursor to this summer's high school reunion.
I'm now taking a few days off to get settled into the idea of quitting my job. I'm quite comfortable with the idea and hate the thought of going back to the grind in a few days. I'm trying to de-stress. I've been running around so much lately that my hair's been falling out in clumps and I've managed to get a few canker sores in my mouth. I'm disgusting.