Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bonnie the Brave: 8 Lives Remaining


So... yeah.

My cat, Bonnie fell out of our window.

Three stories up.

Yep.

I noticed she was missing Friday afternoon. She tends to hide in this big home, so at first I thought she might just be sitting underneath something. And then I noticed -- one of our windows was open.
I looked down onto what lies 30 feet below -- a small patio in the midst of many backyards and a few trees for her to climb and make a clear getaway into freedom. R&B music blared from a nearby window, nearly drowning any calls I made.
I yelled out, "Bonnie!!!!" And I could have sworn she responded with a soft meow.
Is it really she? Just my imagination?

I switched into tv news producer mode and began the search, made flyers, and contacted anyone and everyone who I could think of who would help me find her.

Around six o'clock my neighbors below us finally came home and checked their backyard. And there she was, curled up in a little ball next to a tall tree. She began purring the instant I picked her up. I noticed she was limping a little.

Off to the animal E.R.
Xrays, heart check, and blood work.

All systems are a go! Nothing's wrong with her! No fractures or anything. Just maybe a pulled muscle. And a bruised ego.