Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today is different from most days. Not just because I'm older, but because I'm celebrating a much more subdued birthday than in years past.
Typically I spend the day with my mom and sister-in-law (it's Rene's birthday too). But this year I'm far away and miss them terribly.
This year I'm at work. At a job I don't really have. And my friends aren't really here. It's a total bummer in many ways. But I refuse for today to suck as bad as I've expected.

And I've been so grateful for all of the sweet, unexpected phone calls, cards, blog posts and birthday wishes from my friends and family!!! It's really made this day a good one. So thank you for remembering me even when I'm not around!

I've been feeling pretty lonely these days in New York, so hearing from everyone is just the best ever. So thanks for all of your sweet emails and such!


Happy Birthday Rene'!
Happy Birthday Lisa!
Happy Birthday Ashley!