Friday, February 02, 2007

Why I Can Die a Happy Woman


Last night I scored a free ticket to see one of my most favorite performers ever: Suzanne Vega. She was performing with a few other notables, including Joan Osborne and Nellie McKay. I loved it!

I had received tickets to a show of hers before, but I ended up not going because I was asked out on a date and figured the guy wouldn't want to go hear chick music. I have been bummed about it since! But now I got another chance! :) (many morals to be learned from this my dears!)

This makes me think about the many other lifelong hopes I've accomplished so far: marathon, falling in love, working at the network, getting a master's degree...

Now, I'm thinking about the other things I want to do. I'm thinking of it as a backward obituary; I'm looking forward to the stories I will someday tell. So here are some things I'd like to do before I die:
*Get married and be a good wife
*Have kids and be a good mom
*Celebrate a 50 year anniversary with my husband
*Learn Spanish
*Learn how to sail
*Have my own show on my own terms
*Be a backup singer
*Sing on Broadway
*Play an important role in philanthropy
*Travel to: Brazil, Mayan Ruins, Australia, the rest of Europe, China, and parts of Africa
*Teach college kids
*Enjoy the art of cooking
*Be right in the eyes of God

This is a good start

I am still debating whether I want to put "jump out of an airplane." I really don't ever want to do that. My biggest fear is falling to my death. Turbulence freaks me out, so why the heck would I want to "jump out of an airplane"?

Okay. Your turn.