Friday, April 20, 2007

An Unexpected Road Trip


So last Friday my dear friend Tracey called me as I was getting ready for bed. She was in Newark and her plane to Syracuse had been cancelled. So she went to the bus station near by. But the bus never came. So I decided to pick her up and drive her up there.

Tracey met a girl at the bus stop in a similar situation. Trish came with and her sister drove down from Syracuse to meet us halfway.

It was an adventure! We kept getting lost but finally arrived just outside Binghamton after 4am. Driving back home I watched the sunrise over parts of eastern Pennsylvania. It drew me back to some of the fantastic moments on my cross-country drive last summer.

Wednesday I came home to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Tracey. Along with some yummy chocolates.

I will drive eight hours again if I know chocolate is on the other end!