Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pictures From Ansley's Visit

If we had taken pictures this past weekend, you would see a shot of my picking up Ansley from JFK Friday night.

Then you would see our late-night girly chat about life, moving to new cities, boys, friends, boyfriends, and my silly pets.

And here you would see a shot of us finally awaking Saturday afternoon to a beautiful day in the city.

Oh yes! Can't forget the pics of us walking all around downtown seeking out the hot spots in the Village! Yummy desserts! More yummy dessert! A shot of Ansley's cute new red necklace. And finally dinner at John's Pizza. Mmmm. Eating pizza next to a picture of Johnny Depp. Two tasty treats.

Sunday is our day of MORE walking. We both split up for a bit to meet up with some of our old college buds. I met up with Arvis (doesn't he look just the same as five years ago?) and she met with Serge, who we both decided is the world's best husband (even though he left his sick wife at home to come hang out with us...). Of course, here is where I would show you the cool antique shops we hit up -- and the cute, chunky green necklace Ansley bought. I bought nothing but received a phone call from work asking me to come in. Couldn't do it though. We were having too much fun!
We continued down to Union Square where I bought some cute shoes and boots. Ansley absorbed the new Trader Joe's -- and we avoided the checkout lines wrapping around the store.
We grabbed some food and headed home where I realized my new "black" pumps were, in fact, dark brown. This is where I would post a pic of them and ask, "Don't these look like black to you???"

Monday. On the agenda: exchange shoes for actual black pair. Do even more walking. Hit up shops in midtown. Meet up for lunch with my friend Ashley (sister of my sixth grade crush). I've known Ashley most of my life but it took until her recent visits to New York for us to reconnect and become good friends. She's adorable. Just look at her picture, right?
Monday also included our venture to the City Bakery. Apparently this cute little spot is known for its "hot chocolate." We prefer to refer to it as "lukewarm chocolate soup." It was disgusting.

Ansley headed back to Salt Lake on Tuesday. If I were producing this well, you'd see a nice shot of her waving goodbye from a seemingly desolate departure drop-off.


Glad I could share all these nice pictures with you.


My father the photog would be so proud, wouldn't he?