Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Valentine

I suppose I should start by telling you that this will be a sappy, lovey-dovey post. But whatever. I don't care. Share with my joy today, k? :)

So I had a really great Valentine's day. It started out with a knock on the door from my Valentine, who proceeded to make me breakfast.


mmmm.... yum! I think this was pretty much the best breakfast surprise ever.

Then I had a lovely day at work (which might seem uneventful to you, but I'm grateful that I really enjoy things in life, including my really cool job).

I came home and Valentine had been sneaky -- getting the keys from my dog walker (a friend of mine) and having these waiting for me on the table.


Yep. That's a dozen roses... and lilies. [The roses are now starting to wilt, but the lilies all popped open to announce their grandeur yesterday. Oh yes... and you're counting correctly. That's three posts on flowers I've made lately. I will probably not annoy you with any more. You can request pictures via email from now on if you prefer.]

We then made some yummy dinner. Now... I suppose when I say we made dinner, what I really mean is, I watched as he cooked for me. I set the table, ate, cleaned the dishes, looked pretty... I mean, someone's gotta do that part!

So yes. That's what I did Valentine's Day... and it pretty much indicates how I've been spending the rest of my spare time lately.
And that's as full a public report as I'll be giving. You'll just have to find out the rest of the details by asking me somewhere else...