Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's a Small World After All...

Today I was working on a book called "Family 360." You know how employees get six-month reviews at work? This is the similar, but is a workbork for those getting reviewed by family members. It's goal is to help balance work and family life while strengthening families.
It also gives advice for strengthening the relationship between husband and wife. One of the tips: Schedule a regular "date night."

I knew I was dealing with familiar territory at that point.

I looked up some background on the authors and noticed a.) that they both had attended BYU and b.) at one point they had worked alongside John Stewart, who's a friend and bishop in my stake in Oregon. I quickly wrote his wife a note saying hello.

Then it was time to interview the family. The husband works for Nike. They live in the Portland area.

I contacted the husband and he conferenced his wife in. When he connected her she asked, "Tamara, is Vicki Wikle your mother?"
With a huge smile on my face I beamed, "She's my brother's mother-in-law!"
"I was just with her this morning!", she said.

I have been working in this business a long time. And so far, this is the second time something like this has happened to me! The last time was just in October when I was assigned to work with one of my closest friends from junior high!

I have been counting the small miracles in my life lately.
Another one for the list!