Wednesday, March 07, 2007

On Tara and Timing

I guess I opened a can of worms...
My darling DC online correspondent, Tara, is now talking about the idea of timing - and waiting - specifically in dating.

This is Tara's response to this.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the Lord's timing, other people's timing, and mine.

I read something recently (maybe The Secret? I dunno) that discussed the idea that time is only a concept of man. Otherwise, time, in a sense is non-existent. So what you want is already out there, it's just a matter of catching up to you -- or you catching up to it.

An interesting concept.

A lot of my favorite movies have to do with timing of romance, time-travel, or even finding your true love in another time by something like reincarnation. I'm fascinated by it. But I think it's all easier for me to enjoy when timing plays a clever role in someone else's life and not mine!

I'm trying to avoid giving too many thoughts on this. I'm still working on my own theories.

Plus, I'm still waiting. I'm not sure what's next for me, in general. I've been waiting a few months to be hired fulltime. And I'm still waiting.
When you are waiting for something you've been promised, do you keep waiting? Do you take matters into your own hands? Does it depened on the situation?