Thursday, June 12, 2008

Worlds Colliding...

GEORGE: This is not good. Worlds are colliding! George is getting upset!

(This episode was on the other night...)

GEORGE: Ah you have no idea of the magnitude of this thing. If she is allowed to infiltrate this world, then George Costanza as you know him, Ceases to Exist! You see, right now, I have Relationship George, but there is also Independent George. That's the George you know, the George you grew up with -- Movie George, Coffee shop George, Liar George, Bawdy George.

JERRY: I, I love that George.

GEORGE: Me Too! And he's Dying Jerry! If Relationship George walks through this door, he will Kill Independent George! A George, divided against itself, Cannot Stand!


I'm realizing that more and more of my friends are intertwined somehow. I've become a connector, I suppose; in many ways on purpose and another through happenstance. I suppose part of it is the default of being a Mormon. I love meeting people in the church, finding out where they're from, and then playing the "Do you know..." game.

Today I was going through a few friends on Facebook and noticed that a few of my friends knew some other friends. "How does that person know him???" I kept asking! My worlds are colliding! And I didn't even know it!


KaRyn and I have found that we know a few people in common from our many circles. Her mission, my college world; her undergrad, my grad school; her time in Salt Lake, my time in Portland; and of course the people we meet through online encounters. It seems unending.

Ansley and Ryan ran into each other and had the debate:
"Hey, you know my friend, Tamara!"
"You mean MY friend, Tamara!"

My sixth grade crush fell for a girl here in the city... who dated a guy i recently dated...

And my most recent excitement happened today, when I was reading my friend Caranine's blog, and she'd posted this.


Can I just say how much I love people? Is this just a symptom of remaining single for so long? Or is this just a symptom of remaining me? Either way, I like it and can't wait to see who you all get hooked up with next.