Monday, November 14, 2005

Rethinking My Thesis

Oh dear. After last month's trip to DC to do interviews and spending a couple months concocting ideas, the last thing I wanted to hear was advice to "rethink" my thesis. But I did.
So now my topic has changed. I spent my entire weekend online searching for something. My roommates didn't know I was here because I was trapped in my room for so long.
I'm hoping this idea will get approval. But since I'm so superstitious, I'm not going to tell you yet about my new topic. Can you just "feel" that it's a good idea?

Tonight I went out to dinner with a friend of mine from Portland who now lives in Salt Lake. KaRyn's the best. She's a genius. She's beautiful. She's funny.
It's so great to know such wonderful people. She introduced me to one of her friends who now lives here. Old friends and new friends: both are great.
This weekend I'll also get to hang out with my friend, Amber. I know her from Portland too, but she now lives in DC. Portland appears to be a good breeding ground for cool people who move away. What's up with that?
My friend Ashley and I are also going to try and get tickets to "Wicked" this weekend.
I'm glad I get to be around so many great friends who want to spend time with me.