Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Feeding God's Army

When I lived in Portland, one of the things I looked forward to most every week were Sundays. I loved going to church and hearing about the gospel, seeing many of my friends in one place, and then heading down to my brother's for a family dinner. It set a great precedent for me, keeping Sundays the day for those things most important.
In New York, I've been able to create a pretty awesome family of friends. (Seriously, these people are way rad.) Every now and then we've been able to have a really great family night on Sundays... and now we're trying to pick that back up and make it a weekly event.

So this past Sunday, we went to Connie's. A few of us receive vegetables every week through our local CSA group, and Connie cooked up the entire lot. Um... YUM!!!!!
The big guests of honor were our ward missionaries, who are some of the neatest guys! I absolutely adore missionaries. I so wish I'd gone on a mission (oh!!! Some day!!!! It will happen!)

I'd been wanting to meet with the missionaries and have them over for dinner for a while, so this was a really exciting evening. It was so great talking about their lives as missionaries and how we could help them as ward member missionaries. (For those of you in my Sunday School class, I'm sure you'll get an earful!) :)
I loved our family night!!!