Thursday, July 24, 2008

Most Amazing Blog Poll Ever

Goodness. After much dispute that I should split up the dating poll because the numbers would allegedly show a HUGE difference if we divided the questioning among men and women... alas, the numbers are STILL divided.

THE RESULTS:
Girl Poll: If a guy asks you out and you know for a fact that you're not interested and there is NO chance for a future, what is the proper response?
Go anyway! It could be fun! And you could end up liking him!
7 (36%)
Go anyway! No harm there. And he might have cute roommates!
6 (31%)
Don't go. And be honest that you're not interested. Don't waste the poor boy's time getting his hopes up!
5 (26%)
Don't go. Be kind. Even if that means making something up!
1 (5%)
If you really don't want to go, then don't. And if you can't come up with a reason, don't call him back.
0 (0%)

Boy Poll: If you ask a girl out and she knows for a fact that she's not interested and there is NO chance for a future, what is the proper response?
Go anyway. Give me a chance to work my Man Magic. I could cast a spell you didn't expect!
3 (30%)
Go anyway. We could have fun and that way I don't have to go alone to something I'd do anyway.
2 (20%)
Don't go. Why waste anyone's time? Just be honest. I respect that more.
5 (50%)
Don't go. But be kind. Even if it means making something up.
0 (0%)
Don't go. And it's okay if you don't return my phone call to let me down.
0 (0%)

Forgive me for not contacting our polling unit to interpret the data. My experience from stat classes in undergrad and grad school will have to do.
I am curious now... what are the intentions of the pollees?
Are people more interested in:
hanging out?
or finding someone to marry?

This is largely a rhetorical question.

Mostly, we can deduct that we all agree that it's not cool to ignore someone when he has the guts to ask you out. I've been given thank you upon thank you for being real with a guy and letting him know my interests lied elsewhere. So ladies, please... if a man puts his Friday night on the line for you and you're not interested, please have the decency to tell him your dance card is full.