Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh Portland

I think it's my friend Amber who refers to the friends she made in Portland a few years ago as the "happy little leprechaun" types. I can't quite explain it, but there is something about the group of friends I made there that is really special to me.
Maybe it's because Portland is a place where I really felt at home.
Maybe it has something to with the fact my family was so close by.
Maybe it's because I planted some roots and really became a "grown up."
Maybe because it's the time where I learned to move on from my past.
Maybe it's because I loved where I worked and the people there.
Maybe because I really invested in my testimony of the gospel.
Or maybe just because I was really, really blessed to be there.

Whatever the reason, I'm so grateful for those times and for the friendships I developed. A lot of my friends have dispersed across the world. And some others are heading back!

In the meantime, I'm just glad that my happy little home in Harlem allows me to access those friends through the phone and the internet.
And I've been given the lovely bonus blessing of good friends here. My New York pals are so neat and sweet! I've met a great group of people and I'm so glad for all the friends I make no matter where my feet land.
Today I feel really blessed.