Friday, May 23, 2008

Phasing Out Facebook

Have you become obsessed with Facebook? Were you once a cyberstalker via MySpace? Linkup? Friendster?
You can admit it.

I can't say I'm much into it these days. One site I used to check regularly now posts who's been checking out your profile. I have no hope to scope out people online, and I have no desire to search for people for no reason... Usually I just used the site to keep up with friends, but now none of us seems to use it anymore.
I've removed most of my applications from Facebook. And I now have like... 500 friends? Doesn't that seem a little over-the-top? Do I really need to update 500 people about my ever-changing relationship statii?

And what's the deal with our blogs, People? It seems like no one updates them regularly anymore. I know I don't. Sometimes I do in spurts, but I'm far from consistent. Are you actually keeping in touch the "old-fashioned" way?
No! Of course I don't mean "in person"... I mean gchat and text messaging.

Am I just getting... old? What's going on here?