Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Paradigm Shift

I'm beginning to invest in some friendships out here. And I think I'm allowing myself to enjoy life more -- in general and in New York. I'm also making some decisions that are leading me into a transitional stage... mostly in regards to my career.

Something I've realized lately... I have a lot to offer. Plus, I also think that I can do a variety of things. And I think I'm finally starting to realize that I don't need one 40 hour/week job to justify whether I'm a good employee or on the right track for my career. So one of my big ideas lately is to keep working part-time and to add a few new elements into my life... such as being an extra in movies, helping young journalists through teaching, and volunteering a bit.
These are just ideas so far. But this is kinda a whole new approach to look at life for me -- a paradigm shift. And I'm enjoying the opportunities.