Friday, June 15, 2007

Sweet Irony

SO.

I just found out that the job I've been training/filling in for will open up just as I plan to leave.

I think that's funny.
In a non-funny kinda way.

Don't take that the wrong way. I really don't want the job. I'm tired of being here. I said I'd give this job six months to a year and that's what I'll have done.



Last year I announced that the last ten years of my life had been about getting hurt in love and that these next ten would be about letting love in. I think I'm off to a good start.

So now... I've realized that the last 30 years have been about beating myself up.
I'm done with that. I've hurt myself and the people who mean most to me along the way. I'm just lucky that I have loved forgiving people.

My next 30 years will be about adding flavor to my life. I don't care if I have a huge career anymore - I've done that. Right now I just want to do whatever the Lord has in store for me.
I want to live my life in technicolor.

I have no idea what's next for me, but I think it will be good. I'm always up for an adventure like this I guess.
When I moved to Salt Lake, I had a job but no home.
When I moved to Portland, I had a home but no job.
Now... I kinda' don't have either - or even a destination - but I think it'll work.
Somehow.