Thursday, June 14, 2007

Rock Bottom

The incredible thing about feeling your worst is that you realize in those pitiful moments that there will soon be nowhere to go but up.

It's then, through the climbing process, that we get to recreate our intentions, our actions, our desires. Is what we wanted still the same? Would we go about things the same way? What is it that makes us different having gone through the Refiner's fire?

As I now scrape the walls, pulling myself up to a new unknown version of today, I unearth new meaning and new purpose in my life. The dirt under my fingernails reveals old fears, finally being scraped away.

Soon I will stand at the top. Looking below me at where I've been, the foundation I've set. And I will be even closer to God and his purpose.


Release.
Breathe new breath.

Finally letting go.