Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Let's Try This Again

I just deleted my other post for today. Sorry. I'm cutting and pasting part of it here, though.

The past two or three days I've been in a crappy mood. But my support group rushed in to help me get back on track. I have no idea what I'd do without all you guys in my life. Really. You make my ups and downs worth experiencing.

So here's my new post.
With exciting news...

I have changed my thesis topic AGAIN.
That's right! AGAIN!!!
These past few weeks I've been struggling with my other topic. Last night I decided to throw in the towel and come up with a new pitch for a story I really wanted to do.
This time I'm excited about my topic! Know why? Because I'm going to do it on singles in the LDS Church. My advisor likes the idea too!

Ah. Loveliness.

I wish I could always work on things I loved or ideas I thought were exciting. Wouldn't that be ideal?

Other things that have been going on (with the recommended revisions made by my dear friend, Ansley)...

I've been having my re-occurring nightmare. Typically I only have it once or twice a year. But I've now had it twice in the last week. It's not a scary nightmare, but it's emotionally draining. I don't know how you are with these nightmares, but for me it takes every ounce of energy and focus out of my body. And the sad part is, I really don't want this dream to ever go away because it's the only time I get to see my father.

I've been investing in a friendship with a guy... and I feel as if I'm acting 12. I think that's all I feel like saying about that.

One of my professors has been hitting on me. He's creepy. Very creepy. He's only teaching us a six week course, so he only has a few more classes with us.
His annoying actions have been going on for a little more than a week. At first I didn't know what to think about it. I was wondering what I was doing to bring it on. But yesterday I learned that at least three other women in my class were being hit on by him too!
So... I marched upstairs and told the dean. I know. The high school student-body president/all-around success and goody-goody in me kicked in. The dean was grossed out and grateful.
I mean really. We're adults. If I were interested in him, I might not mind... after my grade was turned in. Knowing that other women have been dealing with the same thing makes me feel so much better in a way.

I have been making more friends! My big goal for the year was to make new friends and so far I've had some great success! This is the best thing so far. I'm still taking applications for more boys in my life so feel free to send any my way. My program of 27 people has 6 men in it. And I go to church with single Mormons, so by default I know probably only 6 more.

My career services people are trying to help find me a job. The possibility of my staying here is looking high. But that's only if I get a job. I think I would like to stay until I get the city out of my system. I feel the same way about working in television.
Today I met with a vice-president from an organization I'd like to work with. And then I found out the salary (yikes) without benefits (ack! run!). So... yeah. We'll see what happens when May comes.

I've been "running" again. I'm procrastinating a lot by blogging, emailing, and looking up iTunes. And that's about it.

So that's my update.

Ansley, did I do well on my revisions? :)