Thursday, February 09, 2006

Shameless Promotions

My friend, Emily, has put up one of the best blog posts I've seen yet. It's a beautiful stream of wishes contributed by random guests. So please check it out and post your anonymous wish here into the Wishing Well.

Remember that obnoxious thing I did a couple years ago? That thing called a marathon? That thing many of you helped me with by donating lots of money for cancer research?
Well... it will be some time until I run my next one, but I have been able to somehow coerce my dear Maren to run her first half-marathon with Team In Training!
Sucker!
In her first week of training she managed to trip during a training run, head to the E.R., and get nine stitches on her knee. So she needs some support to get her to the finish line.
She's raising money for the same group I ran for: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (blood cancers).
Please log onto Maren's website and donate at least $10 to the cause. Your tax deductible gift will not only help get her to the finish line but it will also help with much-needed cancer research.
Besides, the closer we get her to her fundraising goal the less likely she will feel the urge to move out of my house and leave Bonnie, Watson, and Romeo as revenge for my convincing her to do this whole race. Please help!